Oops this weekend has been a bit of a fail with regard to my 'new year, new me!'. The Cherubs and I have been on a jaunt up to Auckland to see our very, very good chums The Donnelly's for the weekend ...
Eeeeeek! Zero exercise. We intended a sea swim but it was too cold! I got a good upper body workout lugging Archie on and off the plane but that was it! I have big plans this week to make up for it though so fingers crossed I can make up for lost ground!
The Donnelly's are healthy eaters compared to us anyway so I probably ate better than I would have at home!
- Delicious chickpea curry on friday night
- Smoothie for Brekkie, rice and tuna and rice for lunch and sausage sand salad for dinner on Saturday.
- Fried breakfast in the barbecue for brunch on Sunday ( a bit naughty but fried eggs on the barbecue are worth it WOW!)
Drink Less (Alcohol, More Water)
- I had bubbles on Friday night AND bubbles and wine on Saturday night! Very, very bad but I've not seen these guys since September! It would have been rude not to!
- I'm not sure how much water I've had but I've had some, maybe about 1.5 litres per day!
Have Fun With The Kids
- Took Baby Archie on his first plane trip.
- Took Lady Maisie on a plane to see her best friend.
- Let Archie coat himself in sand at the beach.
I wasn't required to provide much more fun, it was provided by our hosts! Maisie got to play with her best friend what more could she want and Archie got to eat food in a different house, what more could he want!
Mummy arrives tomorrow BUT I am in holiday too so no excuse not to get right back on the wagon!
I will have bubbles to celebrate their arrival but that will be it till the weekend.
As for exercise I have big plans which I will of course share as it happens!
I think I will have a smoothie for breakfast and lunch each day this week!
And I will be of no use with regard to fun as for this week no one will trump Granny and Grandad as far as fun is concerned ...